#

Saturday 29 March 2014

India vs Pakistan ICC World T20 highlights : Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina take India to 7 wicket win

Chasing Pakistan's 130 for 7, India rode unbeaten knocks from Virat Kohli (36) and Suresh Raina (35) to complete a 7-wicket win with 9 balls to spare. Catch all the highlights from the India vs Pakistan match here.

India started their 2014 ICC World Twenty20 campaign against Pakistan with a 7-wicket in Mirpur on Friday. Catch all the highlights from the match, as it happened. 

Post-match quotes:

MS Dhoni: "A few dropped catches, it would have been better if we could have taken them, apart from that it was a fantastic game. Rohit and Dhawan got us off to a good start and have wickets in hand. It is good to see Raina among the runs, with him around it gives us the firepower in the middle order. We will have to decide on the extra spinner based on how much dew is there, I think today Amit Mishra bowled 70-75 per cent of what he can bowl."

Pakistan skipper Mohd Hafeez: "The ball was not coming up nicely because of the dew factor. We were 20 runs short and we missed a few crucial catches. In a low scoring run, we required to do everything right. It is the first game but there is still a long way to go. Sohaib Maqsood has a natural talent to hit the ball. He is good at No.5 or No.6."

Man of the Match Amit Mishra, for his 2 for 22: "There was a bit of turn in the track there, whenever I get the chance I look to perform for the team. With the batting line-up we've got, it should be easy to get this target."

India comfortably win their opening match with 7 wickets in hand. Earlier, Amit Mishra did lead the spin attack restricting Pakistan to a below-par total. The chase was not expected to be very challenging and that is exactly what it turned out to be. India did lose three wickets but Kohli and Raina made sure that they romped home without too much fuss.

1 comment: